Rebuilding my Deathwing: Deciding how I'm going to paint bone colored armour and testing it out

Because I haven't painted bone colored armour before, I figured the best thing to do was go online to see if there was anything that might help get me the effect I wanted.

I imagine everyone who paints Deathwing has a very specific color and feeling they're looking for and I'm no different. I just so happened to stumble onto this video by JuanHidalgo Miniatures where he easily creates the look I was searching for.
I took the method in the video and modified it slightly to fit my painting style.
Instead of applying the Contrast Paint over a white primer, I use a light grey. It's a subtle change, but like I said... everyone has a very specific look they're going for.

From there, I went back and added some additional shading in the deeper recesses along with all the weathering and battle damage.
It makes the model noticeably grim dark and is exactly what I'm looking for.
I think the best part about this whole thing will be the ease and speed at which I can get a model's armour painted.

The next step: Deciding to true scale or not

Part of me just wants to build some simple models to play with.
Do they need to be proportionally correct to play Space Hulk? Is that what really matters at this point? I don't know, I need to figure it out before I start building.

Additional links:
• Project link: Rebuilding my Deathwing
• JuanHidalgo Miniatures, 'Eavy Contrast - Deathwing Terminators, found on You Tube