Mission: "Isolate" from the Genestealer player's perspective ★★☆☆☆

This time my friend and I played "Isolate."
It's the fourth mission in the final campaign from the 2nd edition box set.

This mission requires the Genestealer player to prevent the Marine player from shutting down the computer terminal on the far side of the board.

I failed miseralbly at this.
Not because I played poorly, but because I had nowhere near enough resources to mount anything that could be mistaken for a defense.

Even being the master of sneak attacks and setting traps that I am, I could do nothing more than keep backing up each turn until I was cornered and was forced into attacking or being killed the next turn.
The small board, two full squads of Marines and limited resources for the Genestealer player is a recipe for a frustrating game. We opted to play the "harder" version where the bug player starts with two more blips than normal and it still didn't help.

Continuing our Command Points experiment

It seems like our initial approach might have made them a bit too powerful.
We've made a change to where it will be 1D6 for each squad, no rerolls and no bonuses. If a squad loses its Sergeant, they'll suffer a -1 CP penalty from that point on to their CP roll.

I'm excited to try this as the Marine player next time.

Continuing our 2nd edition Heavy Flamer rules experiment

My feelings haven't changed on this one.
It has its pros and cons and nothing stands out as being "defective" with how it works. The real question we'll have to answer is, "Do we like how the game plays with this mechanic?"

Right now, I don't know that this way is any better than what we were already doing.

Overall, this isn't that good of a mission. I'm giving it 2 out of 5 stars.

As the Genestealer player, this one is incredibly frustrating.
I want to play, I want to be able to put up some kind of fight and give the Marine player a challenge. That's not going to happen here unless you really look at changing the resources allotted to the Genestealer player.

Additional links:
• Further reading: Take a look at other Mission Highlights
• Every official Space Hulk mission listed in chronological order